Much of the work from the ELP Steering Committee this year has been around making sure we have a plan to make our program the best it can be. We need volunteers who want to be a bigger part of the ELP Steering Committee.
Over the next few months, we will be asking people to consider stepping into roles within the ELP Steering Committee and to chair various events. We have created clear “job descriptions” for anyone interested- so you can see exactly what the volunteer position entails. Please consider taking a role within the Steering Committee. If you are interested please contact Anne Harges, Crystal Black, Brandi Curtis or send an email to email@example.com
This position is currently filled by Crystal Black, but we will need someone to be chair elect for the 2018/2019 school year. There are various meetings happening before the end of the school year that the new Chair Elect could attend (which makes the transition easier). The Chair Elect will:
- Represent the interest of the entire school and ELP program.
- Act as an additional liaison to all ELP teachers.
- Maintain job descriptions for ELP Chair positions.
- Conduct survey of all ELP families for improvements, feedback, etc at the end of the school year.
- Provide additional support to ELP Steering Committee members.
- Perform the duties of the chair if the chair is absent.
- Act as an aide to the chair, supporting activities as needed.
- Serve as next year’s chair.
- Attend school leadership meetings.
- Attend other meetings as needed to represent ELP, if the chair is unable to attend.
- Provide additional support to ELP events.
This position will be changing for the 2018/2019 school year. The fundraiser and Fall Social event will be split and we are taking a look at what makes sense moving forward. All the inner workings of the ELP Fundraiser are up for review and could be changed. We hope to find a seriously creative and passionate individual who wants to think outside the box for the best way to raise funds for our program. Proposals and approvals for a Fall Fundraiser must be made before the end of the school year, so we are looking for someone to fill this position now. The Fundraiser Chair will:
- Work with ELP Chair/Chair-Elect to determine theme and inner workings of ELP Fundraiser.
- Help identify if a Silent Auction will occur and identify a silent auction chair, if needed.
- Help identify needs for the Fall Social.
- Write a Fundraiser proposal for presentation at School Community Council and ELP Steering Committee meeting.
- Review fundraiser proposal with ELP Chair and Principal.
- Present ELP Fundraiser proposal to ELP Steering Committee for approval.
- Present ELP Fundraiser proposal at SCC meeting for approval.
- Organize the ELP Fundraiser.
- Work with Fall Event Chair/Silent Auction chair (if needed) to determine how events are related.
- Work with ELP Chair and Website Chair for support of ELP Fundraiser.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator and Room Parents to staff Fundraiser, if needed.
New Student Chair
This position is new for the 2018/2019 school year. We hope to find someone who knows our ELP program and who is willing to be another point of contact for new Whittier families. The Open House and Spring Social events that occur this year will bring us some new families next year, so we are looking for someone to fill this position now. The New Student Chair will:
- Be an expert on the ELP program at Whittier.
- Be a point person for new families to ELP and be aware of additional resources for answers.
- Make introductions for new ELP families to ELP Steering Committee, Room Parents, and other class families as needed.
- Support the ELP Open House (March 2018)
- Work with District Liaison, ELP Chair, Website Chair, and Administration for dates of ELP Open House.
- Work with ELP Chair and Website chair to maintain materials for ELP open house.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to staff ELP open house.
- Attend ELP Open House, if possible.
- Attend Spring Social as a contact for new ELP families.
- Coordinate survey of new families at the end of the school year to determine what improvements could be made for new family outreach.
- Work with Kindergarten teacher to provide support for a Kindergarten Social (if teacher requests/approves).